Our guiding principle is that we should provide a curriculum which enables students, school age or adult, to develop the confidence that comes from successful learning and an environment in which the individual feels valued and can develop a sense of making a contribution to the academy and the community.
- Giving access to a broad, balanced curriculum for all.
- Encouraging students to enjoy learning, appreciate quality, develop skills and acquire qualifications.
- Promoting equal opportunities for all regardless of race, gender or creed.
- Developing a sense of community and an understanding of our multicultural society, recognising the basic values of honesty, truth, fairness, respect for others and for the environment.
- Making provision for special needs of individuals or groups. Keeping our structures and teaching methods under review.