Has your son or daughter considered an Apprenticeship as their next step after school?
Our sponsor, North Warwickshire & Hinckley College, provides Apprenticeships at all levels across a wide variety of sectors, from Engineering and Construction to Computing, Hairdressing and Business, plus many more.
With extensive experience of working with employers of all sizes, the College is dedicated to preparing young people for the world of work.
Whether your son or daughter wants to carry on into full-time employment, further training or higher education, the options really are endless through the Apprenticeship route.
What is an Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
Apprentices work, alongside experienced staff in an organisation whilst gaining job-specific skills, earning a wage and studying towards a relevant qualification.
They work for at least 30 hours a week and training for their qualification will take place either at work or in College, usually for one day per week.
Apprenticeships take between 1 to 4 years depending on the level, framework, sector and prior skills.
In order to begin an Apprenticeship students will need to be employed in their chosen sector.
North Warwickshire & Hinckley College can help them to find a placement through their Apprenticeships vacancies service. Click here for information on how to apply
- Available across a huge range of sectors
- Earn a wage: Apprentices are paid at least the national minimum wage rate for Apprentices, which is £3.30 per hour, with many employers paying more
- Genuine, consistent work experience, meaning your son/daughter gains the experience they need to become an expert in their field
- Softer skills: Apprentices are fully equipped for the world of work, developing softer working skills such as communication, team work and accountability
- Nationally recognised qualifications that can lead to higher education, further study or employment. As part of their programme, an Apprentice will study towards one of the following:
|Level 2 Intermediate||equivalent to 5 GCSEs A-C|
|Level 3 Advanced||equivalent to 2 A Levels|
|Level 4-7 Higher||equivalent to foundation degree or above|
|Level 6-7 Degree||full bachelor’s or master’s|
Want to find out more? North Warwickshire & Hinckley College’s Apprenticeships Team offers advice, guidance and support finding a suitable vacancy.
Discover more with this Apprenticeship fact sheet from www.gov.uk